Saturday, July 4, 2009

What you do when you're at home

I have my red suitcase packed. Its filled with winter clothes and all the papers and naked male trading cards and postcards and other miserabilia that I convinced myself to keep. I'm not saying they are all bad memories, I just want the chance to look back on it all and laugh gutturally. My past six months in lists-

ways I cope with bad roommate(s)
-Drinking tea constantly, initially this was smoking
-Pretending not to be at home and actually being good at this noise-wise
-Pretending not to understand Spanish, or otherwise being blissful on command
-Staying out as often as possible, going to field camps, travelling, staying at Natalys
-Cleaning what is dirty even if its not my turn to do it that week
-MOVING OUT IN FOUR DAYS.

ahh lists.
heres another

lively things that make me want to kiss your neck
-seeing anyone in a garish hat
-going to the dentist
-sleeping in when I'm on trips
-passing by the locutorio 'Samy'
-hearing the Beatles in the metro, also seeing strawberry stands that are everywhere in Germany
-naked angel bodies (dreams)

and one more

chaos and general roughbeatness I will Miss but not really
-
understanding for insomnia, considering this healthy
-paying for public toilets, or pissing on the street
-lack of understanding of personal space if you're walking alone, always wanting to accompany you to the metro, to the corner, to do your shopping
-crazies singing or banging things
-the 'you can wear whatever the fuck you want' attitude of Madrilenos, like diaper pants that of course go with showing your cute underwear

No comments: